Importing of Firearms into South Africa:
Temporary Import of Firearms into South Africa
Most popular rifle calibers for your hunt .270, .308, .7mm, .30.06, .300 win. Mags and on Big Game minimum .375 and bigger. If you will be hiring a rifle from us, make sure that you practice with a friend’s rifle so that you are comfortable with the trigger feel of different calibers. Our PH will gladly guide you through this process on our shooting range prior to your hunt.
Please pack your ammunition in a lockable case which can be checked in with your firearm to avoid possible delays during checked luggage screenings on your flight. Please do not pack your ammunition inside your gun case. Also make sure about the maximum permitted amount of ammunition your airline allows.
- Barnes TSX
- Swift A-Frame
- Nosler Partitions and Hornady
Traveling with Minors:
If you are traveling with minors under the age of 18, please be informed of the new laws of traveling with children.
All minors under the age of 18 need an unabridged birth certificate (both parents’ names appear on the birth certificate) to enter South Africa.
If the child is traveling with 1 parent, the absent parent needs to send a signed affidavit giving permission for the child to travel with the other parent.
If both parents are absent, both must sign affidavits giving permission and ID Documents for the child to travel with the adult that has been given permission to.
While ensuring all reasonable care and maintaining precautions for the safety of clients, Battle Creek Safari accepts no responsibility for any illness, accident or loss arising from any cause whatsoever.
We strongly recommend an all-over insurance policy prior to your arrival in South Africa.
Please make sure that you have full medical insurance that covers in South Africa. Don’t forget your membership card.
What to Pack:
- Valid Passport (6 months from day of entry) and at least 2 blank pages in passport
- Medical insurance
- Camo / Dark Khaki Hat with brim – African Sun can be harsh
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Camo / Dark Khaki trousers
- Camo / Dark Khaki shorts
- Camo / Dark Khaki short sleeve shirts
- Camo / Dark Khaki long sleeve shirts
- Underwear / Thermal Underwear
- Warm Jacket
- Lightweight, waterproof windbreaker
- Casual clothes for after a day of hunting
- Toiletry Essentials
- Tick repellent
- Prescribed medication and spare prescription if needed
- If wearing glasses/contact lenses, it is recommended you bring an extra pair
- Double adaptors (SA uses 220 volt)
STAY IN TOUCH
MONDAY - FRIDAY
08h30 - 17h00
Costs are seasonal and available on request
Our packages are personalized and tailored to specific requirements of individuals, groups, and or multi-generational families. In addition, we are flexible in terms of length of stay and blended activities to ensure everyone enjoys an incredible African Experience.